Lasting seven minutes and acting as a prequel to the third series, it will be available on the BBC iPlayer from 2pm on Tuesday 24th December and will then be on the BBC's Red Button service periodically from Wednesday 25th December to Thursday 2nd January - the day after the first episode of the new series starts.
A series of seemingly unconnected crimes stretching from Tibet to India to Germany. Sherlock Holmes has been gone for two years. But someone isn't quite convinced that he's dead . . .The Red Button schedule page currently lists the mini episode's broadcast times as follows:
Cast details for it have not been released.
- Wednesday 25th December - 8.25pm-5.30am
- Thursday 26th December - 8pm-5.30am
- Friday 27th December - 8pm-5.30am
- Saturday 28th December - 8pm-5.30am
- Sunday 29th December - 8pm-1.05am
- Monday 30th December - 8pm-5.30am
- Tuesday 31st December - 8pm-5.30am
- Wednesday 1st January - 10.20pm-5.30am
- Thursday 2nd January - 8pm-5.30am
UPDATE - 26th DECEMBER: The mini episode is currently available to watch below until 2pm on 24th December 2015. (NB: May not play outside the UK.)